Influenster

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

TAG: Why RUMPs Rule


RUMPs (Reusable Menstrual Products) ROCK!!!!

I am in <3 with cloth pads. 

I do not use menstrual cups, a silicon cup shaped device that is inserted into the vagina to catch the blood. This are very different than tampons which absorb blood. A little about cups that I have learned from research...
        * You can wear them for up to 12+ hours
        * There is ZERO risk of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome. A condition associated with tampon 
           usage and the tampon having been left in too long)
        * They allow the body to expel tissue (or the small clotty looking stuff- which by the way is 
           TOTALLY normal to have. You're period is comprised of blood and other tissue. Not just 
           blood). A tampon actually hinders this and can cause a back up in the uterus of the clots. 
           which in turn leads to heavier periods as well as more painful periods.

But for me? Well I stick to pads. I am not comfortable inserting the cup into my body. Just a personal perference. Here is a bit of information on the benefits of cloth pads- in no particular order.
        * Most cloth pad and cup wearers say their periods become lighter and shorter. PMS symptoms 
           aren't so unbearable, cramping becomes minimal and general mood and outlook on ones
           menstrual cycle are improved. 
        * It makes menstruation FUN!! There are so many prints, fabrics, styles, and shapes to choose
           from. Literally there is a pad for everyone! I am small, and I like 8in or 9in heavy pads and I 
           like the bulkier pads as well. I use liners all cycle round and I find I love my mini 6in liners 
           as my 8in liners. I prefer flannel for liners and 100% for period pads. Then there is OBV,
           minky, microfiber, suede... and even more.
        * Healthier for you. Commercial pads and tampons contain harsh chemicals such as bleach 
           and dixion. Dixion is a known carcinogen. Cloth pads are chemical FREE!
        * Pocket friendly... cloth pads, when well maintained can last upwards of 8 years. I was 
           spending about $14.00 (on cheap brands) for my feminine hygiene.. That would have been 
           nearly $1400 8 years from now! Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment